Wouldn't You Rather Do Your Residency Here?
Why Choose Grand Strand Medical Center?
Grand Strand Medical Center is a 371-bed acute care hospital serving residents and visitors of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery and neurosurgery programs in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by DHEC and the American College of Surgeons.
Grand Strand Medical Center provides a unique community hospital training environment marked by collegiality and educational opportunity:
- Affiliations with the University of South Carolina College of Medicine, VCOM, and Coastal Carolina University.
- Direct one-on-one individualized teaching with faculty.
- Nationally accredited simulation center for resident teaching.
- Patient population is diverse and from all over the country.
- Very busy hospital that couples excellence in stroke care, cardiac care and trauma with core internal medicine.
- Fully functional educational library access through HCA, VCOM, USC, and CCU.
- The hospital draws from a 200,000+ population base area.
- Population of visitors exceeding 17 million per year.
- Cultural competency learning opportunities.
- Robust ER learning opportunities.
- Large ICU with superb intensivists.
- Broad-based panel of internal medicine patients that will challenge the learner.
- Fun outside of residency options during time off including water sports, beach, clubs, restaurants and more.
- Future fellowships on-site.
- Leadership roles available in growing program.
- Quality of life.
Grand Strand Medical Center is part of Grand Strand Health, a multi-facility health system with locations throughout the Grand Strand to provide quality, convenient healthcare. These facilities include our Advanced Wound Center, The Breast Center, South Strand Medical Center, North Strand ER, Carolina Forest Imaging Center and HealthFinders, our community resource center located in Coastal Grand Mall.
Why Choose Myrtle Beach, South Carolina?
Myrtle Beach is a wonderful community located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean with many options for enjoying life outside of the hospital. The hospital is located in the heart of the Grand Strand with easy access to the beach, shopping, restaurants and outdoor activities. The mild weather makes for a great year-round climate, and the cost of living in the area makes it an affordable location to live, learn and have fun.