Pediatric Care in Myrtle Beach
Caring for a sick or hurt child isn't limited to moms and dads. It takes round-the-clock pediatric doctors and nurses who know as much about little arms, legs and bodies as they do about calming kids and their parents who are scared or upset.
We know how scary hospitals can be for young children. At Grand Strand Medical Center, our pediatricians and nurses are committed to caring for our young patients in a comfortable, pediatric friendly environment.
Pediatric ER in Myrtle Beach
Kids never mean to hurt themselves, but unfortunately, accidents do happen. When injuries or illnesses occur, you can trust the pediatric specialists at Grand Strand Medical Center to provide your child with the best care possible. Our doctors understand adult-sized care doesn't fit children. The dedicated doctors and ER nurses tailor their every word and treatment for little ones. We take extra care today to give children a healthier tomorrow.
- Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
- Pediatric ER specifically designed for children
- WHALE BAY: We Have A Little Emergency
- Child-friendly design with bright colors and pediatric décor
- Minimal-to-no wait times
Inpatient Pediatric Unit and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
For children who need to be admitted for further monitoring, observation and treatment, Grand Strand Medical Center offers an inpatient pediatric unit and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) to care for the special needs of children in our communities. We are committed to family centered care and provide services from birth to adolescence.
- 24/7 care in both PICU and Pediatric Unit
- Only dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Physicians in our community
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Specially trained pediatric nurses and respiratory therapists
- Large, modern, private rooms
- Child-friendly artwork and décor
- Family-centered care promotes optimal recovery and provides for a family member to stay with the child and be included in daily care plan
- Play area with child-sized furniture and toys
- Child-friendly menus
- Pediatric Sedation Services for diagnostic imaging such as MRI, CT and Ultrasound
- Music Therapy
- Child Life Specialist:
A Child Life Specialist is a clinically trained professional who supports and empowers children to manage challenging aspects of hospitalization and life changing events. Our goal is to reduce anxiety and promote coping through developmentally appropriate preparation, procedural support, education, and therapeutic interventions. Child Life Specialists support development, promote family-centered care, advocate for pain management and play opportunities to normalize the environment. We work to create a therapeutic relationship with every child and family we encounter, enhancing the quality of care and respecting individual family dynamics.
- Paws for Pediatrics (Pet Therapy):
Our trained dogs and their handlers provide warmth, comfort, and a sense of familiarity to children and adults who are hospitalized. Pet Therapy can provide: distraction from pain and medical treatments; encourage interaction and communication; raise the spirits of patients, family, visitors and staff.