No one plans on accidents. But, unfortunately, they are a part of life. So when you need medical attention fast, it’s nice to know where to find the people who can care for you best.
Grand Strand Emergency Room
When you need the services of an emergency room in the Myrtle Beach area, look no further than Grand Strand Medical Center. For years, our hospital and ER have been providing quality medical care for patients of all ages. Our comprehensive services and board-certified emergency specialists are available around the clock to handle any life-threatening emergency, including chest pain, stroke symptoms and other emergency ailments.
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, you can always count on our emergency room for quality medical care. In addition, we provide a dedicated pediatric ER with children’s treatment rooms and pediatric-trained, board-certified emergency physicians on staff.
Level I Adult & Level II Pediatric Trauma Center
Not every hospital is prepared to treat trauma patients, but at Grand Strand Medical Center we have a specially trained team to care for your serious emergencies. As the only Level I Adult & Level II Pediatric Trauma Center in Horry and Georgetown counties , Grand Strand Medical Center has the proven expertise to save lives. As a state-recognized trauma center, we provide a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients.
Quality ERs in the South Strand & North Strand
Along with our main campus, we have extended our emergency coverage with the ER in the South Strand and the ER in the North Strand. These freestanding ERs provide the same quality of care for residents closer to home.
South Strand Medical Center is a campus of Grand Strand Medical Center on the south end of Myrtle Beach. North Strand ER is a campus of Grand Strand Medical Center in the North Myrtle Beach area.
Both facilities are staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and highly trained clinical and support personnel. If it is day or night; our 24-hour ERs are ready to serve the medical needs of residents and visitors along the coast of the Grand Strand.
All of our ER services are linked to and served by EMS, allowing for immediate response to any disaster in the community requiring expert emergency care. For more information, contact Consult-A-Nurse at (843) 692-4444.
ER wait time
When you need immediate medical attention, there’s nothing more important than getting the help you need, as fast as possible. At Grand Strand Medical Center, we post up-to-the- minute information about our ER wait times online, digital billboards and via text messaging to help you choose which of our three ER locations will best meet your urgent medical needs.
Is this an emergency?
How do you know when you should go to the ER? Here are a few guidelines for conditions and symptoms that need to be treated immediately.
- Sick child?
- If you’re unsure whether to head to the ER for your sick child, Consult-A-Nurse can help you make the decision. Our free, 24-hour, RN-staffed information line is available for you to ask questions and receive medical advice. Call Consult-A-Nurse® at (843) 692-4444.
- Should you call 911?
- If you or a loved one is experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should head to the nearest ER or call 911.
- Heart attack symptoms such as chest pain, left shoulder or arm pain neck, jaw or back pain with sweating, shortness of breath sometimes accompanied by nausea
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe bleeding
- Fever that won’t go down
- Head injury causing loss of consciousness, seizure or vomiting
- Sudden numbness or weakness of arms or legs or one side of face
- Severe headache
- Sudden speech difficulties or trouble seeing
- Unexpected dizziness or an excruciating headache
- Broken bone or serious burn
- Flu-like symptoms that won’t go away
- Severe diarrhea
- Food or insect bite allergy
If your symptoms don’t fit the list above, contact our Consult-A-Nurse team of registered nurses, available 24/7/365, at (843) 692-4444.