Heart care in Myrtle Beach
You only have one heart, and we want to do all we can to help you keep it in good health. If you or a loved one has a heart or vascular condition, trust the experience of our specialized heart team. Grand Strand Medical Center provides cardiac care close to home.
Learn about your heart risk, take our FREE Heart Risk Assessment.
Whether you have a cardiac emergency or a planned surgery, our outstanding cardiac care is designed to achieve the best results for each patient. Our Heart Center is a state-of-the-art facility with a team of cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, electrophysiologist, nurses and technicians trained in treating heart disease, heart failure, aortic stenosis and other general heart conditions. Our team is committed to providing you fast, quality care to help you get back to the things you love the most.
We care for the hearts of our community
Finding out that you need treatment or surgery for a heart problem can feel overwhelming. As one of the largest cardiac care facilities in Horry and Georgetown counties, we have the experience and resources to help you through the treatment process, every step of the way.
Our cardiovascular team offers comprehensive experience in treating a wide range of conditions that affect the heart, valves, heart structure and circulatory system. Procedures include:
- Heart Catheterization with a dedicated Cardiac Cath Lab
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Cardiac Stent
- Heart Surgery
- Electrophysiology (EP)
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Pacemaker Placement
- Thoracic Surgery: Cancers and Tumors
- Mediastinal Tumors
- Heart Failure Clinic
- Valve Clinic
- Cardiovascular Nurse Navigators
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Our commitment to comprehensive cardiac care extends beyond diagnosis and treatment. Recovery and rehabilitation are an important part of your care. Under our comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program, trained therapists work with patients to provide education, activity and exercise guidelines. This may include regular workouts in our onsite gym to help you regain strength so that you can be as active as you want to be.
Know the Warning Signs for a Heart Attack
If you or someone you love is experiencing any of these symptoms, immediately call 911.
Signs of a heart attack include:
- Chest discomfort: uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, heaviness, indigestion/burning, tightness or pain
- Discomfort in upper body: arm(s), shoulder, back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath: with or without chest discomfort
- Other symptoms: nausea, clammy sweat, lightheadedness, sudden unusual fatigue, anxiety, arm numbness/tingling
DON'T DELAY... Minutes matter!
What Live Your Healthy Means to Me
Carol Gober performs cardiac ultrasounds at Grand Strand Medical Center. Watch this video to see what drives her to help others.