Medical diagnostic imaging center in South Carolina
Our full-service diagnostic imaging center is dedicated to meeting the needs of every patient. Our board-certified radiologists and technologists use the latest state-of-the-art equipment, which allows us to provide the highest possible level of service. Patients enjoy a relaxing imaging experience, while our referring physicians receive accurate and prompt diagnostic information.
For more information about our imaging services, call our Consult-A-Nurse team at (843) 692-4444.
To schedule an appointment, call (888) 858-9936 or visit the registration page.
Our diagnostic imaging services
Our diagnostic imaging services include:
- Bone densitometry (an imaging technique to quickly and accurately measure bone density)
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans (an imaging technique using multiple X-rays taken from different angles to produce images of the body)
- Digital mammography (an imaging technique using low-energy X-rays to examine the breast)
- Electromyography, or EMG (imaging tests to evaluate how nerves function and look for damage)
- Electrocardiography, or EKG (measurement of electrical activity in the heart)
- Magnetic resonance imaging, or MRI (an imaging technique that uses a magnetic field and computer-generated radio waves to create 3D images)
- Positron emission tomography/computerized tomography, or PET/CT scans (imaging tests to see how your tissues and organs are functioning)
Breast imaging and diagnostics
Grand Strand Health provides comprehensive breast health diagnostic examinations. Our breast imaging services include:
- 3D mammography
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasounds
- Screening and diagnostic digital mammography
3D mammography, also known as digital mammography with tomosynthesis (an imaging or X-ray technique that can be used to screen for early signs of breast cancer in women with no symptoms), is the latest technology in breast mammography. It is similar to a traditional 2D mammogram but can be more accurate in detecting breast cancer early. 3D mammography works by capturing multiple segments of your breast from different angles, creating a layered 3D image.
Imaging services offered at these facilities
Grand Strand Medical Center
809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Carolina Forest Imaging Center
199 Village Center Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
The Breast Center
945 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
South Strand Medical Center
5050 Hwy 17 Bypass South, Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Imaging services locations
Retrieving location data...