Outpatient Nutrition Services
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT):
- Renal disease
- Heart Health
- Weight Management
Medicare Part B pays for MNT with qualifying diagnosis*:
- Medicare covered diagnoses include diabetes and renal disease (co-pay is waived); new referral signed by physician required each calendar year.
- Medicaid covered diagnosis include diabetes, renal disease, pediatric failure to thrive, and weight management.
- Other coverage varies by insurance type.
Diabetes Self-Management Education & Support (DSMES):
Entire Program is for 10-hours of comprehensive diabetes education and includes an individual initial meeting, group classes and post-class meeting.
- Medicare Part B covers once/lifetime (co-payments may still apply).
- Medicaid and other insurance types may cover a portion or the entire program; check with insurance for specific coverage.
Discounts are available.
Outpatient Nutrition Referral required for either MNT or DSMES.
For more information or questions, contact Nutrition Services at 843-692-1898 or 843-692-4446.